Hi thanks again, what I meant was that the starter can’t keep up with flywheel,
Maybe I’m explaining it wrong. It cranks fine,
The truck was running, I took the radiator off and pulled the front main seal and
Replaced it and did a speedy sleeve, go to start and can’t get it to go. It was down for about a month, I first thought it was a fuel problem, but there is definitely gas in the bowl. I have a
12 volt. Foot starter. All wires are in the right places, got nothing when I used the starting fluid. Zilch it did nothing, no coughs nada. I have moved the distributor since I couldn’t get it to go, but
I think it’s timed well, I am getting a good spark. Plug was not wet when I pulled it out to check. Again, I’m sorry if I’m not explaining it correctly. My buddy who is the by far the best mechanic I know, ran a shop for decades and had a 49 was said everything looked good. My guess is perhaps a weird short? I have stock ignition/points.
Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by pjdee; 06/28/2021 3:42 AM.