I wish there was someplace like that around here.. in this area, you need to hand them $4,000 to get started and they won't touch a car on which they can't match factory paint or there is any rust. It's pretty ridiculous, actually. Body shops here aren't body shops in the traditional sense-they literally won't even work on my '78 Cadillac. Won't even entertain the conversation even when I walk in with an envelope full of $100 bills. They don't want to sand, prep, remove chrome, fix rust. It's too labor intensive, they straight up state that they don't make enough money doing real body work but just want to spray and stick fenders on modern cars for insurance checks.

Two years ago, I walked into a better quality body shop in Issaquah, and I told them I had five grand to spend in painting a straight, rust free '88 VW Cabriolet with no notable dents or body damage. They literally wouldn't even look at the car. Not interested.

So.. home paint booth it is.


1965 C60 school bus | 1967 GMC 6500 school bus