Back in the early 90's, I fixed up a 1975 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 truck. I took it to Maaco after doing all the prep work myself. It wasn't a cheap price but it surely looked like a cheap, quick spray job instead of a paint job. To top it off, they started screwing around under the hood. I had just installed a new battery, the engine was freshly rebuilt, and the carb was working good. However, the fools in that shop managed to flood the engine and continue turning it over until they drained a brand new heavy duty battery. They told me this over the phone when I called them and I knew that my truck was in the wrong shop. I told them do not touch it anymore. When I got there and opened the hood, there were 2 screw drivers sticking out of the top of the 4 barrel carb and the stock air filter was no where in sight. I grabbed the screw drivers and threw them across the shop as I began cussing out everyone in sight. I pulled the dip stick and it smelled like gas and I was fuming to the point of hurting someone. They payed for an oil change and I told them they might be buying an engine after washing my rings with gasoline. I was going ballistic to the point that people working there were getting in their vehicles and leaving. Watch out when you leave a vehicle with someone.

Jim


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4