I know this isn’t a truck or even a Chevy, but I plan to take this 2001 Honda CRV for a paint job. The manager walked around the car and gave me an quote of $450 to sand the car, paint the car, and then one coat of clear. I want two coats of clear, so that adds $50.

Since I’m skeptical about the quality of their preparation. I took it upon myself to sand the areas where the clearcoat was peeling. I used 150 grit sandpaper and got things looking pretty smooth.

Why am I posting this here? Because if it turns out nice, I may have them paint my 1965 C10.

My wife is very frugal. The car is 20 years old but still has a lot of life left in it. I’m not going to spend $2000 for a paint job. No way.

I stopped by an auto body shop near my house and was quoted a starting price of $5000 for a paint job on the Honda CRV. The $5000 paint job would look better, I’m sure.

VIDEO - BEFORE PAINT
Attachments
7DBDE55E-29FD-4248-BCBF-36F5FB2F9531.jpeg (213.13 KB, 377 downloads)
45BB052F-F3D6-4F30-B115-F118F7A9C25A.jpeg (185.34 KB, 376 downloads)
BF24D80F-E99B-4391-87EC-F348F3FA4F0A.jpeg (174.49 KB, 373 downloads)

Last edited by Lugnutz; 05/16/2021 8:44 PM.