This thread is for attendance and food related discussion(ONLY).
Please use this thread to let us know that you are coming to the show, what day and time you think you will be arriving and when you think you will be leaving. It might not hurt to add your camping/hotel plans. If camping on the grounds please register to do so.
This will surely be a different event than we are used to. For many of us, this is one of our biggest events of the year. It is mine for sure. The virus has impacted lots of other events which is having an affect on peoples attendance to the truck show. I have had several PM conversations with other regular attendees that have already made it clear they wont be there this year, are coming late and leaving early or just plan leaving early, before the "Stovebolt Banquet" Saturday night. This is why we need to start figuring out who will be there Saturday for dinner so we can decide how proceed. Typically, several contribute to a meal, all unplanned and shoot from the hip kind of affair along with burgers and dogs that I usually bring (there has always been plenty of food). If not many folks are going to be there, we may just do a "you are on your own" deal for Saturday.
Keep in mind that they will be serving food in the field house, Thursday Friday and Saturday. As most of you already know, buy a meal ticket for the pork BB dinner Friday night. The proceeds go to an amazing charity.
As far as food in camp, I am very understanding that everyone has their own thoughts, beliefs and method of dealing with Covid 19. I am not going to make a huge deal about this but I will say, we are assembling as a group and we are coming from different parts of the country where the impact of this thing and how it affects you in your community is very different. Please respect your fellow bolter in this regard. Where when or if you wear a mask is up to you. I work in a hospitality environment so I am immersed in all the CDC, state and county requirements all day every day. All I am saying is if we do have dinner on Saturday night, it will be done a little differently so there isn't a lot of hands touching food. Also, if you plan on bring snacks etc to share, I would suggest, SUGGEST they it be individually wrapped. Don, I know how everyone loves the fried delicacies that you prepare with the fryer but for this event, I would suggest not bringing it just for the food handling concerns. If I am over thinking things then so be it.
Another thing to think about is the weather. Rain, which we have been lucky in avoiding the last couple of years, would really put a damper on things, again, given social distancing etc. Just saying.
Hopefully we will get lucky again and it will be beautiful.
As of right now. I plan on arriving Thursday late morning and leaving Sunday morning.
Last edited by Bill Marlow; 09/13/2020 5:43 PM.