I said I would post a wash & wipe circuit once I had time to create one. It is attached and I hope you like it. Actually I think you will. This like the intermittent circuit could be used in many different vehicles. It is designed using the NE555 chip and while it may look complex, it really isn't. In fact, if you're interested in electronics or if you know a little and want to learn more, I believe buying a book on the 555 chip would be a good thing to do. This chip was created nearly 50 years ago and I'll bet there are several of them in your family car, your tv, radio, etc.

This particular siamesed circuit has been designed to work from the input of a single push-button switch. If you press the switch momentarily, the wash and wipe actions will begin simultaneously. Then in apx 15 seconds, the washing will stop and in another 4 seconds (probably 2 sweeps of your wiper motor) the wiping action will stop and the wipers will park. A couple of notes: you will run the wipe portion of this circuit to the same relay which serves the intermittent/low speed function for the wipe function. You'll be wiping at low speed. You'll need another Bosch style relay for the wash action since it is an action separate from the wiping, however it is possible the output from the 555 chip might just be high enough to power the wash motor...but I rather doubt it. The timing was a choice on my part. You could substitute the 1meg and 100k resistors for variable resistors and adjust the circuit to suit your taste. 15 seconds (plus 4 for a couple of clean-up wipes) seemed like a pretty good amount of time and I wanted something that would be simply one push of a button...which could be hidden under the dash or possibly on the side of the steering column or on your directional signal housing. Oh, one other important note: I set this up initially using 1N914 diodes. Please change that to 1N4002 diodes.

If questions, please let me know.
Attachments
Wash and wipe circuit.pdf (1.44 MB, 12 downloads)


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end