I was dragging my feet about refreshing the gauges and finally committed after I discovered a position I can contort into that is less uncomfortable and does not make my legs fall asleep. You definitely cannot be claustrophobic working on these things.

I purchased the decal kit, but in the process of removing the speedometer needle and holder the fragile 68 year old plastic pointer burst into several pieces. I did not want to order a new one and wait for yet another deliver as the days are cooling off rapidly, so I opted to make a new pointer out of wood and to secure it to the base with a Loctite brand all-purpose adhesive. The wood I used is leftover from the bed liner so there's a hidden connection with this conversation piece. It's not as sharp as a new red pointer, but every time I look at it I can smirk knowing that I made a speedometer pointer out of cedar.
Attachments
20190723_011644834_iOS.jpg (214.19 KB, 212 downloads)
20191016_200216827_iOS.jpg (194.14 KB, 213 downloads)
20191016_201112859_iOS.jpg (260.23 KB, 214 downloads)
20191016_200927979_iOS.jpg (398.1 KB, 212 downloads)
20191017_033024632_iOS.jpg (210.96 KB, 210 downloads)