Seat Upholstery was taken on by my eldest daughter. I stitch-ripped the original seat covers apart and laid them out on the ground upside down and wrote in marker the position for both the bench and the back rest.

The plan was to use filling and liner material from recycled mattresses. (The place I work started a mattress recycling program to keep mattresses out of the landfill.) but was not sure about cover fabric. Then as chance would have it during this process our jail administer wanted to recycle some old unused jail mattresses. I figured the fabric would be suitable for this since they were probably made to be durable.
She cut new pieces, made edge piping, and sewed together.

One mistake I made was not having her cut the vertical pieces larger to account for the extra thickness. I added more fiber to the thickness and did not accommodate for the extra thickness so pulling the pieces on was a challenge. We did get them on but one of the corners tore in the process. This was not a difficult project at all so we may re-visit this winter if the material does not hold up.
The other thing I should have done is sand and paint the main pieces of metal.
Attachments
20190723_011745446_iOS.jpg (564.45 KB, 272 downloads)
20190829_224112087_iOS.jpg (180.02 KB, 276 downloads)
20190829_224130623_iOS.jpg (290.75 KB, 274 downloads)
20191009_141530005_iOS.jpg (257.1 KB, 272 downloads)
20190807_210024039_iOS.jpg (494.07 KB, 229 downloads)

Last edited by morerog; 10/14/2019 2:13 AM.