"...I believe the best possible approach would be to eliminate the pivoting mounts and substitute rigid ones in their place." HRL

Exactly what I did. The bonus with the rigid saddles is that you can now space the rear wheels in the exact center of the wheel wells. I have a 1955-1962 3.90 axle with Bendix brakes and natural saddles in the garage for future use. I wonder if I will have to shim them for proper Engine/Drive Shaft/Differential geometry.

For those of you that care for a great APP for your phones consider the TREMEC TOOL BOX. It is very user friendly and contains four very helpful 'drawers' that contain the following information:


Driveline Angle Finder

Vehicle Speed Calculator

RPM Calculator

Tire Size Calculator


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer