Originally Posted by sweepleader
Hi Rich, love your truck. You could bring it to a meeting of the Minnesota Fire Engine Club (https://www.sites.google.com/site/mnfeclub/home) some time. We will be in Northfield Saturday of Memorial Weekend with an all afternoon into the dark pumping display. We only have a couple of trucks older than mine but you might have a good time.

I'll bet it has deep gears too and you don't drive it far very often, the Northfield raid will be the farthest I will travel this summer with the truck.

Hope to see you sometime, keep that '47 polished! (I hope you have kept the side boards!)

I do still have the grain sides for it. We could have it ready to haul corn again in less than a day. Right now I have 12" sides on it.
You're right that it doesn't get driven too far usually. I took it to the Le Sueur show a couple times, but most years it doesn't get 100 miles put on it. I don't have a working speedometer right now, but I'm guessing around 50-55 mph is where it's comfortable at.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!