Originally Posted by Mike B
[quote=sweepleader]Yes, 500 gallon and 500 gpm. I measured the tank just for fun and it calculates out to 625 gallons, sort of struck me as odd. I guess the fire service was/is stuck on certain sizes of tanks.

When you measured the tank did you take into consideration that the tank doesn't go all the way to the side walls of the body?

Yes, I measured the tank itself. I did not include the sump which is about an 18" cube. My tank has a step in it that I did account for.

I never heard of a John Bean volume pump, that is interesting. Have you seen the John Bean FB site? Lots of information there. Also SPAAMFAA (http://www.spaamfaa.org/) has a great page on John Bean. I guess you have to join that organization to get at the John Bean page. They have a listing of all the Bean trucks delivered up to about 1966, at least I think it is all. My truck is not there, it is too new. The list shows dates and original department.


Mac :{)

1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally
1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things