Well, I think the picture is fixed, I can see it, I could see it before. Anyway, hopefully its OK.
As far as the engine speed is concerned, I know the SB Chev will rev like mad but I also know that 4000 rpm is too fast for me for more than a short period. I drove the truck 500 miles on the first trip home when I bought it. That is a whole other story but I did get a bunch of miles right off. Given the results of this search and other considerations regarding mods to lower the engine speeds, I will indeed have to get used to the 6.17 gears. I have owned it for not quite 2 years and it is a gas to drive. Huge compared to my other vehicles, small compared to other fire trucks in our local club.
My 62 K10 has 3.90 gears and 31" tires, it runs 60 at about 1800. Quite a bit different. The torque peak is right there and its really fun to pass with, nothing it won't get around before the next no passing zone. The fire truck will not be passing anyone who isn't in a gas station.
Last edited by sweepleader; 04/06/2019 10:00 PM.