Ok, Jerry, why after all these years and miles I am experiencing problems that some attribute to the carbs? I am thinking the reason for the 2 carbs that help with the fact I am driving at 65 & 70 mph instead at 45-50. Remind me again what carbs do you suggest.
mshaw230 Offline
Active BB Member

Registered: 12/18/14
Posts: 307
Loc: Washington State
I talked to Tom Langdon, who shed some light on this. The distributor is from a 1985 Chevy S10 pickup. I gave Tom all my information on the car, except that I once again gave the wrong CAM, shucks. That led to the discussion again of the CAM being too big. I really have the Compcams 260H installed, which should be much better for what I want.

Tom said I should start with a much higher timing, 18. When I told him I was around 7 or 8, he said in a very funny way to add another 10. I believe he said I wasn't even on first base and to add 10 and and call him in a week. Of course, he said to run high octane with this advanced. I'm going to run an experiment now, I think, see if it knocks and if it runs better.

Tom said that the distributor curve would help a few %, but a smaller CAM would make a huge difference. I'll call him in a week and let him know how it goes and that I actually had the smaller CAM and see what he suggests.

mdonahue05, that's a great suggestion. I've heard about people who have the machinery to set up distributors. If it's really that I can just start with a higher timing to start with, I'll go that route.
_________________________


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017