No, (hangs head in shame and makes figure eights in the dirt with the toe of his greasy lace up boot). I have no good reason for not doing one either, got a good compression gauge and nice dry shop to work in. Other than laziness my only defense is I've always been of the opinion that it's a burnt valve causing the low speed miss. I will definitely do a proper wet and dry compression test before pulling the head thought. I've got a screw in air chuck made from an old spark plug that I may breakout just to see if I can hear a air leak out the exhaust pipe when I get into things in a serious way.

One last bit of defense, in my later years I've developed the mindset that I'd rather drive it than work on it. But also recognize if you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler.


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5