You are all making a convincing case for a valve job on my 50,000 mile 216. Yes it's had a slight but noticeable (to usually only me at low speed, as in while idling) miss that I've sorta ignored.

In a bit under 10,000 miles of driving over the past 3 years I've adjusted the valves a couple times, new plugs, points and set the timing and it runs fine down the road. Guess that's why I've been putting off the inevitable.

I've always recognized that I need to pull the head and see what's what. Hopefully new seats won't be required, but it'll be a whatever it needs project when I get to that page. It should make it to the top of the project list in a couple months.


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5