In a lot of years of growing up around a shop that specialized in repairing automatic transmissions in the 1950's, I never saw a rebuilt Powerglide sold with the mounting ring attached- - - -that always stayed with the engine. My father was the first man in Nashville Tennessee to repair automatics, starting about the time I was born in 1946. There was a similar, but different-shaped ring that adapted the same cast iron case transmission to the 265 and 283 V8's.

I've got a splash-oiler 216 with a Powerglide on it sitting about 100 feet from where I'm typing this. It's got an adapter ring. There's another one sitting in a 1950 Bel Air Powerglide 2 door hardtop coupe, the first year of production. Same thing. Want some pictures?
Jerry



"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!