| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, homer52, 2 invisible),
95
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 35 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 35 | Hello, hopping for some suggestions on where to start. I've traded my 55 pickup for a 52 belair. She's a sweet ride and went through a recent build about 10k miles ago. Heard some internal clunking and eveloped an oil leak so I put her on the rack to investigate. Found broken motor mount bolts, sheared bolts in the transmission adapter plate and the worst- metal in the oil. Still wrapping my head around it all so looking for suggestions where to start. The builder put a 55 235 on the original powerglide so I was told. Was a fresh build and no suspect noise on top end, otherwise runs strong. My wrenching skills are less than I'd like- but I've built numerous motorcycles so not totally green. Including some pics of her. My buddy suggested possibly removing the motor, and only reworking lower (crank job?) but again, I've only built motorcycles so not sure I'm up for the task or what to expect. Figured I'd ask for some tips before deciding. Thanks in advance [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/filsa65tchop/imagejpg2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/filsa65tchop/imagejpg2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/filsa65tchop/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1.jpg[/IMG] | | |
| |
| |