I know many here do not favor the 8 volt battery modification, however, back in the day it was quite common. You will need to tweek the voltage regulator to help keep the battery charged. As a side note I wouldn't buy a Tractor Supply battery if it were the last battery on earth. Seems that whatever the stated life span is you can count on it failing in about a year and a half. I did the 8 volt thing back in the early 60's and was very pleased with the results.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)