HI Pre 68 and Beltfed,
Thanks for the responses. In general, I was actually going to focus on just changing the coil, condenser and ballast resistor, as I have no idea of their state and would like to eliminate them as possibilities. I may also proceed to change out the distributor cap, points, wires and plugs, but that is more driven from I am not sure of their overall condition and am at the state of waiting for another failure here. weather has been cool (50's-60's) so far in Michigan and the Truck is running fine so far. She starts immediately and runs fine since the original problem, which has not repeated
I am going to start tracing the ignition circuit to see what is going on here, as I cannot yet see a ballast resistor anywhere, unless it is in my cab - I have a harness connection coming through firewall and wire connecting directly to my coil, which also has a condenser attached to coil body. I will post images within next week or so when I get a chance to investigate further. I have not done anything yet, I am seeking opinions and things to try before I make any changes. I suspect that as the summer temps increase, this problem will occur again if I do nothing
Thanks again to all for the helpful suggestions
Joe