Hope this is not name calling but.........back to Finkelstine.
Joe: After it stalls, try pouring a little gas into carb to see if it starts. You can't state it's not fuel related if you have not done this test. If it does not start, search Stovebolt posts and tip section and the internet to learn how to test all your electrical/ignition components. It is not that hard or greasy.

When you figure out what component(s) are bad, replace with 12V stuff if you have converted. Don't worry about the "discussion" inter-twinned here. I have no problem with the sub discussion because I have screwed up a few good posts myself. But anyway, just trouble shoot your truck as if you don't know what's wrong, because you don't until you test. Don't assume that it's not fuel until you are sure. Buy a 12V coil, points are not Voltage specific, the same points are used from 30's to 60's.(6V/12V) I looked at the compatibility of 1956 235 points on O'reilly's website for that info.
Commentary: Good mechanics don't assume anything. It seems intuitive to say it starts after it "cools" but it could be starting after a fuel problem subsides. Like gas tank pulling a vacuum, float can't keep up, pump "vapor locks" or can't keep up, dirt particle re-settles. It's hard to keep an open mind when the neighbor's husband's uncle tells you something. Mechanics test first, their experience tells them where to test first. I'm not a mechanic, Jerry is/was an instructor to mechanics.