I believe you should have a wire from ign sw to ballast, out other side of ballast to coil pos and a wire from foot start switch side post to coil pos. Coil neg to dizzy. Follow coil pos wires to find ballast resistor. You do need to expose wires in harness or follow the colors and draw a diagram of how all ignition is wired, then compare to what it should be. Let us know if you need further. It is hard to fix a problem that does not appear often. From what I read the gas test was not conclusive, was interrupted and lighting and access was not good. Must confirm in order to move on. I realize the problem is not serious yet and is manageable.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn |