So why did GM stamp those 6 volt coil housings with big embossed lettering that read "12 volt"? I guess those engineers weren't able to read back then. A GM "12 volt" coil operates most efficiently at 9.5 volts, at least according to the training material I studied at the GM technicians' training center on Summer Avenue in Memphis, beginning in 1962.

I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I did raise a family and buy and pay off two houses with the earnings from repairing anything that rolls, floats, or flies for over 50 years.
Jerry

Last edited by Rusty Rod; 05/08/2016 3:22 AM.

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!