Heading to the farm this next weekend with a metal detector to do some archaeological digging to see if there are any parts that are buried in the dirt where the truck was sitting for 60 years.
Then I've made arrangements with the Hamilton County museum in Syracuse, Kansas to spend a few hours taking pictures, measurements, tracings, etc. of a truck that is just like mine.
This should answer a lot of questions for me.
I have a pile of parts that were underneath the vehicle when we moved it.
I did an inventory of the tin that makes up the cab skin. They are all there.
Unfortunately, my brother in law, years ago, took all of the tin pieces off of the cab, through them under the truck so they would blow away, and threw away all of the wood that was rotting to clean up around the place. Little did he know how important those wood pieces were for patterns.
Thats OK. With the tin and and some detailed pictures and drawings that I acquired, measurements and patterns tracings at the museum, I should be able to reconstruct the cab accurately.
Also I will be able to look at how the plate is on the truck for the identity of my vehicle.