Today I removed the spin on adapter and found the gasket that came with the adapter had been rolled. I also found that the factory bypass valve assembly wasn't on and the felt gasket that comes with the adapter wasn't there either. I picked up a new adapter yesterday, opened the box , read the instructions and noticed a felt gasket. I remembered seeing a similar felt gasket in the box the engine gasket set came in that I have kept. I unrolled the gasket and after checking for any damage, put it back in, reinstalled the bypass valve assy and adapter WITH the felt gasket between the bypass valve and adapter. Now, if I can just get enough rpm to push oil I can leak check the engine again. If it leaks again, it's coming off and the canister is going back on.

Last edited by Cablesmill; 07/02/2015 8:34 AM.

1959 3100 Apache Fleetside