Denny
I don't get it. Seriously, I've never had or restored a piece of equipment (other than a 2 stroke that ran on caster oil) that had a distinctive smell when it was finished. Don't take it wrong, but this is my first old Chevy (had a '57 wagon in college and it didn't smell) so maybe I will find out when it is done.

Have had equipment that started out, on a damp day smelling like a wet goat was in the shop or that the bed was still loaded with manure. An old Packard that was so full of cigar smoke that the light tan mohair was dark brown. Left with the windows up you were in risk of lung cancer just moving it around.
Layers of truly rancid grease. Furry things leaving really bad urine, moldy food stashes and dead furry things smell.

But, after disassembly, rebuilding and restoration, none smelled much different than any other piece of equipment.

I'll PM you a few pictures. I never took pictures of my projects, especially the smaller ones, until a couple years ago. A client insisted on a photo diary of his tractor restoration. Really liked doing it so now I take pictures of everything.