I don’t get any smell from the fuel tank Joe. I hear a lot of people complain about fuel
smell in the cab because the tank is in there with you, but I’ve never had that. I always
make a point of running a gallon or two out after a fill up before I park her. My “big old
wife” wouldn’t ride in the truck with her asthma if there was even a hint of fuel smell in
the cab. We’ve been to a lot of cruise nights and car shows with the truck and she
always ends up sitting in the truck with a book while I chase around looking at the
displays. As posted, that stink isn’t there when the truck isn’t cooped up in a small
confined space. But back at home, it’s always, “Why don’t you leave the truck outside till
that smell goes away or leave the garage door open.”

Well, in me younger days John, not only did I smell of the, as you so deftly put it,
“Perfum de Chevrolet”, but the pub followed me home all too often also. Thank god I
finally outgrew the latter, it was unbecoming a man of my age.

dg


Denny G
Sandwich, IL