Come on guys, not that sort of smell.
Think Joe and Carl nailed it down. A few hours with the door
open and the garage is back to normal.
I fought the Rochester 'B' battle for the first couple
thousand miles that I drove the truck, then thru in the towel
and switched to the W-1. Can't remember if she stunk when the
Rochester was on or not, to many years ago and back then
before the rebuild she was burning a lot of oil and I mean a
lot.
Not BS'ing you Leo. I guess I've been putting more miles on
the old gal than I thought. Just checked the log and I've
put 16,157 miles on her since she first came home with me.
And----7,400 miles since the rebuild.
And----4,566 miles on this last oil change, nothing added.
Just pulled the dipper here and laied it on the towel:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/158881354/largeMy how time slips away without you noticing.
And yes, she's a bit over due as I said for a lub job. Can't
believe I've put that many miles on her since I've moved to
the new place. But I have been using her for quite a bit of
light hauling the last couple of years.
I changed the oil at about 500 miles the first time after
break in and then once at a couple thousand more and never
needing to add any in between.
In looking thru the log, I have noticed that the mileage isn't
quite as good with the W-1 as it was with the Rochester. The
Carter seems to run about the same, a little less hesitation
than with the 'B' and it doesn't weeping fuel from the seams
like the 'B's do.
Think I might swap back to one of the 'B's and see if the
stink goes away and if the mileage comes back up.
But, all of that is gonna have to wait for some warmer
weather, maybe in March.
dg