The independent front suspension was a lot of work.It rides nice and the handling is good but I would probably find a modern straight axle with disc brakes if I was doing it again.
I am in the process of building a "big" four link rear suspension to eliminate the leaf springs on my truck.I say "big" because I am upsizing all of the normal four link components for this bigger truck.
I have two lobe air bags I will use instead of the leafs and have purchased a semi truck air spring height valve. I am hoping this will allow me to have the same ride loaded or unloaded but I have no experience so it's an experiment.
I have removed many springs from my spring pack and I still don't think the rear end moves at all.
Once I have the bed weight it will help but I think the air ride will still be much better.
Then I plan to convert the front coil springs to air bags also.