I forgot to mention mine has 4.56 gears.
My original rear end was a two speed with 6.17 and 8.17 ratios.
It was awesome and I wanted to keep it but I also wanted to travel at highway speeds.
That is why I put the P30 axle in mine.Massive disc brakes too.
With the discs in the back,P30 discs in front and the hydroboost master cylinder my truck will lock up all 6 tires instantly.
Master cylinder is mounted behind the cab and is actuated through a bellcrank from the pedal.
Better brakes than my modern Silverado diesel.
I'm very interested in what you used to convert your truck. My neighbor has an older GMC motor home he is dismantling for the engine and trans, so I may have access to the axles. He also has a P30 van of unknown vintage.
I have a '52 2 ton that I need a better highway ratio for and I want to go with either 19.5 or 22.5 Budd wheels. My goal is to haul a car on the bed and pull a trailer with another car on it. I had a 292 built for 350 lbs ft of torque for power...
