| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 423 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 423 | Hi all,
I have a newly installed 235 (in a 53 1/2 ton) with vibrational issues. The rear tranny mount which I reused is shot. I have the new rubber and the mounting plate is removed. The old mount is pressed together, it isn't altogether clear to me how to replace the rubber. Somewhere in earlier posts I have read how the experienced dudes have replaced those steel pressed posts with some kind of bolts, but I can't find those posts now.
So, how should the talented amateur replace the tranny mount rubber? There isn't a lot of clearance over and under.
Karl It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri 1953 Chevy 3100 1960 Volvo PV 544 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe | | |
| |
| |