Congratulations!
When these carbs are clean and set up right they work really well on the inline Chevy. Glad you got it sorted out.
What kind of HEI setup did you get? Large cap or small?
I recently installed a performance large cap setup on my 235 and it made an amazing improvement over my Mallory dual point.

Your truck looks great!
You have done an incredible job with it. So much attention to detail, routing of cables and hoses, rear discs, rear sway bar with poly bushings. Very impressive!

How about some details regarding your power steering conversion?
The pump and alternator mounts and brackets are different from what I've seen before. Yours are MUCH cleaner and look almost factory. Why don't you start a new thread about it with pictures and details so it doesn't get lost in this carb discussion. I'm sure many here would appreciate it, I certainly would.
You've done great work.
I'm in Calgary, maybe we'll meet up at a show in Red Deer some time.