Greetings all,
Thought I'd chime in here...
I run these carbs on my 53 (55 235) and they are terrific!

http://www.fiftee6.com/235%20Engine%20and%20sound/

However, early on I had issues with leakage from gaskets between carb and adapters. Toms gaskets are terrible if you ask me.
It was minor, but the bottom of the bolt heads were always slightly damp with fuel. After replacing w/new ones, its better, but I plan on making my own soon. Other than that, they are great. Getting to the point here...Brokenhead and Hollow seem to be hitting the mark here possibly. When I was searching months ago about my issue, I found your post on the HAMB about the concern I seemed to have which is here...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tom-langdons-dual-carb-setup-issue.824306/

You have a great youtube vid on that post of the fuel swirling around in the carb which is bad. Further along the pic you show has large debris inside. Did you ever call Tom about that? He would have cleaned it all out and I think only charged the shipping. These carbs are known to clog easily. I run a very large metal fuel filter under truck, and use the glass delco on top more for retro or show. I took both mine apart, cleaned jets as per Toms advice on maybe my lines were dirty.
Now it seems I took the utmost care when setting up my lines. I think possibly when these carbs are modified and those small 2 holes are drilled in the top, some debris may get inside. Also Tom claims they are all bench tested. Could be some fuel or cleaning liquid, whatever, maybe gums up in there when carbs are put back ready to sell. Only speculation here, no accusing. My point is, since it runs so well on one, there must be some kind of issue there with that other carb. Why not jusy buy a third one? They are inexpensive and youd have extra parts for yours?

Keep working at it, You'll get it, and when you do, you will be pleased overall with the response. With my old 1bbl, it would cough on acceleration. With these, response is instant, no cough and even in neutral when revving, response is terrific!

Best of luck getting them setup!
Phil...


Phil