^^^^^thank you both for your informative replies!^^^^^^^^
As i wait for my new carbs from tom to arrive i still think im going down the wrong road. Something tells me I am going to have this same fuel issue.....but i could be wrong. Reading like crazy for the last week i have found so many who are happy with a 4small 4 barrel manifold that allows them to use a more current carb that has jets readily available allowing them to make adjustments easily.
The 2 old carbs i have from tom now are going to be my test units. When it comes to jetting will changing the top air jet to a larger hole and keeping the main bottom fuel jet lean out the mixture ? would it not allow more air into the mixture?
I installed a pressure regulator and will set it to 3psi for the 2 new units being installed.
I will order some of the rebuild kits right away so i have them on hand. thanks for the info.