Just got to thinking maybe I should mention some of the other older series carbs for which parts are either not readily available, or the carbs are difficult to use in multiples. I will use the letters "P" or "M" to designate which of the above in the list.
Autolite (P,M)
Carter BBR (P,M), BBS (P,M), W-0 (P)
Holley 1908 (P)
Rochester H (P), M (P,M)
Stromberg A (capital P), E (P)
Zenith 20 (P), 23 (P)
Please note that these units are pre-1974 which is my area of expertise. I can offer no insight on 1 barrel carbs made after 1974; other than to offer one reason why we used 1974 for a cut-off date in our business is the fact that virtually all carbs made after that date (and some earlier) were designed for smog emissions and many were deliberately designed to make "tampering" (the EPA's term for recalibration) difficult.
Jon.