I'm sad for your frustration and problems you are having with this carb issue while at the same time I'm glad to see someone else having the SAME issue I had with these carbs which proved to myself I'm not crazy.
I rebuilt my 56 235 with duel fenton exhaust, duel fenton intake, hei carb and wires from Tom and the duel c/w webers from Tom. My 46 1/2t ran fine around the block a couple of times then started sputtering and popping upon down shifting and idles real rough.
I blocked carb A with a plate, no difference. Blocked carb B no difference. Put on one Rochester BC and it ran perfect.
I sent the carbs back to Tom and he cleaned them for free. I followed his instructions, new metal truck filter, ran the fuel in a glass bowl for debris before hooking up the carbs etc. Ran the truck around the block a couple of times and the SAME problem again. I took off both carbs, put on two Rochester BC I got free off stovebolt and the truck runs perfect. The webers are now on the shelf.
I really think it's the luck of the draw. Some CW are good out of the box from Tom and some are not. I've seen other posts on cw carbs with mixed revues. I hope you can solve the problem and post your solution for reference.