first I would get rid of the pertronix, and put the points back in. I don't think there is rags anywhere, he said it has been driven 450 miles. You just need to fix the carburetors you have, it sure looks like there is some kind of contamination or something. I found the problem with mine by taking out the main jets, and yes they were staked in and I nearly ruined the threads getting them out, but it was just a little bitty piece of something. There is no reason I can see to buy new carburetors, why would two different new ones be any better than the two new ones you already have. You haven't said whether or not you have fully disassembled the carbs and checked all the little passages and all that. There isn't much chance the ignition system is causing flooding. I don't know about anyone else, but 6 PSI sure seems like a lot for fuel pressure, mine runs at about just over nothing, it just wiggles the needle on a 60 PSI gauge (yeah I know, but that is what I had.) Maybe you are just pushing the fuel past the needle valve.