Originally Posted by 52Carl
Its a 50, no venti-pane windows. When I crack the center cowl vent, the cab fills with water. I will try the Rain-X on the inside and on the outside and see what happens.
Carl

Sorry Carl,I assumed yours was a '52 going by your handle.

Even dropping the door glass a 1/2" or so should help.
Like Cletis mentions,make sure you get the right Rain-X.

The main aim is to get a high air circulation/exchange in the cab.
Have your rear cab corners been replaced at some time and if so do they have the drain/vent slots?
Replacement corner panels do not have them and they were put there by Chevy for a reason.
"The cab that breathes"..remember? wink

Excessive fogging can be more often traced to water leaks though,as a glass guy i'm bordering on obsessive about them.
Getting your cab as watertight as possible will obviously help a bunch but having experienced the high humidity levels in Va. in the summer firsthand I can also see why it can get steamy in there!
A/C helps greatly in de-humidifying the air too.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.