Originally Posted by Denny Graham
...
Some of you guys are probably much more particular about your
Trico vacuum wiper motor "rebuild" than I am, but here's a
series of pictures of the rebuild that I did on one for my truck
several years ago.
A few facts first. New gaskets are not available, new power
pistons are not available, the material in the piston sandwich
is NOT leather, it is a fabric that has been impregnated with
what, I have no idea. I think it might have been a
graphite/rubber compound. When the piston is assembled new, it
was potted in a grease, my guess is, that was to supply the
piston with lubricant for the life of the motor, which was
probably only designed to be several years. Simply coating the
interior of the housing when disassembling your motor with
grease is not adequate and it will soon be wiped dry. The rubber
exhaust valve will be dried out and it is part of the piston
assembly.
So...flip thru the pictures to see what your in for and good
luck:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/spare_tyco_vacuum_motor&page=all

...

...Denny Graham..

I'll try what happens when i put as much time and effort in mine smile

Last edited by Raoul; 08/26/2014 8:57 PM.

Chevrolet 3100
Year: 1951
engine: inline 6 217CI
Transmission: Manual 3-Speed.
12Volt.