Originally Posted by Raoul
I ma glad I'm not the only one who prefers the vacuum system!

So today I took the motor out, took it all apart, cleaned it up, everything looks really good quality wise. No worn out parts, just old dry grease. So refreshed that, now she wipes like never before! (Well that's not true)

Goes up and down like it's supposed to, even in dry windows. With wet windows you can see its much less of an effort to make them move smile so it works!!

I'd like to quote myself.

If anyone wants to make the vacuum wipers go faster than the truck itself, this is what I did:

Took it apart.
cleaned the inside from old hard grease.
Looked if the gaskets where in good shape. (if not, replace them, cut some new)
Greased it with a mix of universal grease and thin lubricating oil.

Now they're wiping so well, i wouldnt even consider changing to electric!


Chevrolet 3100
Year: 1951
engine: inline 6 217CI
Transmission: Manual 3-Speed.
12Volt.