On a comparative note Jerry, and I totally agree with what your saying, but this might be where 2 separate markets are coming together. A more conservative siamese port style OEM head design with improvements for the guy that is not looking to go too overboard. I have ported a ton of the GMC big port heads, and if you could blend those ports into the Stovebolt head, then I think you won't go to far out in left field giving a good increase potential without compromising the Stovebolt's shortcomings in the bottom end department. But on the other hand, this would be a great candidate for the GMC rod conversion and get rid of the "pinch" bolt rods so you could rest a little easier. Keep in mind that the Wayne head came along for the Chevy a full decade before the insert engines were even produced. With modifications they were a top contender back in their time.


We cannot solve our problems today using the same thinking we used when we created them!

Albert Einstein