Hello Gentlemen- I wanted to ask if anyone would help me remedy/diagnose a whistling, metal-type, high-pitch skreetchy noise that my 55.2 Chevy 3100 235 has developed recently. I fear the worst, of course, have read dozens and dozens of thread posts, but I think it's time to ask for some specific help before I damage my engine.
Background: My 55.2 Chevy 3100 235 sat from January to March (50-60 days), and became somewhat seized; meaning the starter could barely turn it, but I couldn't (still can't) turn it at the fan belt. I Krill/MMO'd the cylinders, studied all the advice here, and while letting it sit, I replaced the starter switch and had the starter gutted & rebuilt. That needed to be done last year anyway. I also got a new battery, cleaned the cables, and replaced some wiring. Once I saw that the truck was going to start and run, I changed the oil and that's about where my videos pick up.
This video is from mid-April, and I wanted to see if anyone noticed anything with the valve cover off (my son the truck owner shows up in this one because he woke up from his nap, so my apologies on the video shifting around). There is also some chatter from the door frame and a loose screwdriver on the dash:
55.2 Chevy 3100 235 Running with valve cover off And this video is the current situation only a few days later :
55.2 Chevy3100 235 engine noise My bad ears hear a rusty ring particle scratching a cylinder wall but I am not a mechanic; I'm just trying to learn without screwing my truck up, so...? Any sound advice on my best next course of action would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Brad