Update
Driving to St. Louis yesterday I spotted the portable Missouri Highway patrol weight/inspection truck backed into a side road with no other vehicles around it, so I stopped and asked about the topic we have been discussing.
After some talk and questions from both of us, here is my take on the farm tag rules for Missouri.
If he sees a truck with farm tags and is hauling a load, not farm related, it's a big yellow flag that it is not legal, (compitition tractors/Pulling trucks) and he will pull it over.
The more we talked the more he opened up.
I also said that, I thought, if a LEO sees just a old farm boy hauling a load of whatever, that they just kind of pass on by looking for the bigger law violators.
Wrong!
He said the drivers that have CDL,s are the best ones to go by the rules and it's the old farm boys that are most likely to bend/break them.
If you go across state lines there is even more laws broken.
Bottom line that he suggested was, to turn in the farm tags, get beyond local tags, pay the extra 15 bucks a year and be able to haul whatever I want, in or out of state, as long as the whole truck and trailer weighs less than 24,000#.

Remember, this is what a missouri Highway patrol LEO told me and he is the one handing out the tickets.
First chance I get I will be trading in the farm tags for beyond local tags.

Turned out that he does not live too far from us, and remembers seeing the Flagpole/Firetruck in the yard.

Hope this helps other people, that may be unknowingly, bending the rules.

Thanks
Don
He also warned me about KC police being rude and will bust anybody for any little violation.


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!