Guys
Let me clarify what I am doing .
Tow vehicle is a F-250 power stroke pickup with 24,000# farm tags on it.
The trailer is a duel/tamden axle gooseneck dovetail rated for 20,000#.
I got the trailer to haul an International 806 tractor with fluid tires back and forth between the two farms we own.
It hauls the 8 to 9,000# tractor fine.
It's only used for private hauling and not commercils
I have also used the rig to haul historic 2-Ton grain trucks to the Stovebolt KC Reunion several times.
It's only used for private hauling and not commercils
If you want to see a picture John took last year on the way there, go to
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/trailering/trailercomparison.html
and thats me in the red Ferd and gooseneck. I was on the outter road with a 48 3/4 ton loaded, John and Joe were on the interstate in his 9500 GMC, think it is a great picture and thank John for using it.
I encoursge you to try and make this years ten year reunion.
It's a great time.

Next time I go by and see a truck weight scale or a mobile state truck scale, that isn't busy.
I'll stop and ask the guys that hand out the tickets. I think I'm legal, but will check for sure.
Being ignorant of the laws, is no excuse.

I do know that the Mo.CDL laws on air brakes and weight are exempt for vehicles that are Tagged RVs or historic.
But, thats another topic

Last edited by 2-Ton; 04/03/2014 9:44 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!