Sorry,pfarber,but I agree with crenwelge. I drove dedicated freight for eight years. When C.D.L.'s were first issued,it was to put the pride back into trucking. The goal was to have every state in the lower 48,follow the same guide lines. Since I was a company driver,and not an O/O,I didn't need a fuel tax stamp. That was the owner's responsibility. Since his rigs carried at least 500 gallons of fuel,he had tags for only the states he had us fuel in. We could fuel in Ia.,Mo.,Ok.,Il.,and Mi.,but you better not get caught fueling in other states,since he didn't pay for their state fuel tax surcharge. You do need to have a D.O.T. approved physical,too. Some troopers here in Iowa,are "cool",with a privately-owned truck,towing another vehicle,(as long as it's not a commercial endeavor,preferably same owner),and other ones are a pain in the "Donkey". If your rig runs on gasoline,I Don't Think you need a fuel tax stamp,I think it pertains only to Diesels.If your trailer is equipped with electric brakes,you don't need the air-brake endorsement. It's nice to have,just in case,but the text/questions on the air brakes are a pain. I lost my C.D.L.,but plan on obtaining a Class B,as soon a s'"Tater" gets her brakes up-graded. I'll only be piggy-backing,so i'll be under the G.V.W. reg's,but better safe than sorry. Sorry about the rant,but D.O.T. reg's can be a PAIN!!