This is my first one, and thanks to everyone here, I am learning a great deal. Barts research on CPP should help anyone trying to do this. Moral of the story there is, go to the websites, don't just rely on what comes in the kit. NOTHING.. not even.. "for more information go to our website".
Many people my age have no idea how to navigate the internet, and some don't even have a computer. I have a printing customer that still uses his Apple 2E and wonders why I have to re-scan hard copy into our system. I, on the other hand build my own computers and consult on larger business networks being A+, Net+ and MSCE certified. And I HATE going to websites for information I feel I paid for dearly in purchasing their kits. It shows a lack of concern for the customer who may or may not be internet saavy. If they would have a little card in the kit.. on the card it says.. "hey dumass! If you cant figure this out, go to our website!" then I could at least laugh about it.
So, my questions are.. is there ANY difference physics-wise in where you put these residual valves (within reason) like on the frame rail near the rear, or near the front as opposed to near the prop valve? Since these are inline tubular units (I imagine but I haven't seen anyone post examples yet), or is there a good reason to keep them near the MC and prop valve? I will write a how-to on this and make it very clear so people like me don't have to wrestle with it.
Also, since from what I understand anyway, the purpose of the residual valve is to keep the fluid from flowing backwards causing a squishy pedal, my original question still stands, which, once again, is.. If I have a proportioning valve directly under the dual MC, the MC is 3 inches higher than the top of the calipers, the prop valve about 1 inch above, what is the impact of the prop valve in keeping this 'backfill' phenomenon from happening? From what I read in the CPP documentation, I still don't know.