The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (5 Window 9434, Jon G, John Dlugos, jmoore, moparguy), 96 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,325
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 452
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 452
This is a gallery update for my 49 3/4 Ton. I just re-did the bedwood from scratch, and changed a bent pushrod. The old wood was only half there and covered with a sheet of plywood. The mounting blocks were also shot. I ordered the blocks and pads from Scott's in Penhold, AB. I later ordered the strips from there as well.
The wood was a different story. Being cheap, I decided to try to make my own. I bought some inexpensive edge-glued pine shelving and cut it to shape. I found the wood dimensions through the Stovebolt Page. I have a circular saw that mounts to a table, so it's almost a table saw. It's not perfect, but the bed design allows for some errors. :-)
I sanded it all smooth, stained it and put 2 coats of exterior verathane on it. I plan to put another coat on the bed now that it is all together.
I made 2 changes to the normal design... I bolted the cross-sills to the frame and made relief spots in the bottom of the boards, and I drilled and tapped holes in a strip of flat-bar welded to the top of the bed sill to secure the ends of the strips. I slotted the heads of carriage bolts and ground off the shoulders to use as cap screws so they match the rest of the hardware.

Here are the pics:
[IMG]http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/42999/2008381460057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/41643/2611231250057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/17456/2263154930057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/44737/2716120760057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/45593/2566535510057214886S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 1:36 AM.

Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice)
\'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run.
My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
looks most excellent. nice job


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
thumbs_up


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0