| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (2-Ton, Phak1),
116
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,624 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 | Has anyone replaced this part on their 1950 Chevy or GMC 2 piece driveshaft? http://flic.kr/p/e8fYRgThe rubber surrounding mine is shot. I bought the replacement in the Classic Parts catalog, but of course the bolt holes don't line up, it's for a later model, I can't use it. http://flic.kr/p/e8mDZ9Anybody know where I can order the correct part? Thanks Dave | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 | I ended up just treating the dried rubber and lubing the heck out of the bearing. Once I got it all back together, the center bearing seemed fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over replacing this part, I won't be driving it much, so I think it's fine for now. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | in the mean time look for your local spicer rep. go see him ,he'll gitcha you one. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ..... I work part time at Carolina Driveline and they use a lot of Spicer stuff that Ashton mentioned above. You should see the "array" of center bearings/seals they have and use. Pickups to Peterbilts!! If Spicer can't help you ask them who can. They're usually pretty good folks to work with. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 72 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 75 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 75 | I've been amazed at what I've been able to get from my local NAPA store. That would be the first place I would try. They've come up with all kinds of parts for my '49 one ton Chevy. | | |
| |
| |