The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
Has anyone replaced this part on their 1950 Chevy or GMC 2 piece driveshaft?

http://flic.kr/p/e8fYRg

The rubber surrounding mine is shot. I bought the replacement in the Classic Parts catalog, but of course the bolt holes don't line up, it's for a later model, I can't use it.

http://flic.kr/p/e8mDZ9

Anybody know where I can order the correct part?

Thanks
Dave

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
PM sent.


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
I ended up just treating the dried rubber and lubing the heck out of the bearing. Once I got it all back together, the center bearing seemed fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over replacing this part, I won't be driving it much, so I think it's fine for now.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,107
in the mean time look for your local spicer rep. go see him ,he'll gitcha you one.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
..... I work part time at Carolina Driveline and they use a lot of Spicer stuff that Ashton mentioned above. You should see the "array" of center bearings/seals they have and use. Pickups to Peterbilts!! If Spicer can't help you ask them who can. They're usually pretty good folks to work with.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
Ok, cool, thanks guys.

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 75
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 75
I've been amazed at what I've been able to get from my local NAPA store. That would be the first place I would try. They've come up with all kinds of parts for my '49 one ton Chevy.


Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0