The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,289
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
Now I'm trying to get ideas on the best kind of subwoofer to fit into my truck.
Its a '52, it has the original bench seat and gas tank behind the seat. So what I need is to find a way to put in a bass of some kind either under the seat or behind the seat above the gas tank.
Has anyone else found something suitable?

I have been considering Bazooka 6 or 8 inch tube subwoofers with a built in amp. But I still have to measure what kind of space I will have and compare it to the size of the subwoofers.

Anyone elses experience with this would be welcomed.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 314
Just drive behind any modern coupe with teenagers in it and you shouldn't need your own sub.


IRWIPI 2005 Peoples Choice
Inky,
"It's not that I haven't done IT... It's that I haven't done IT yet."

--------------------
'48 1-1/2 ton Dump
'57 Chevy Panel
'59 Chevy 2 ton Dump
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
try a radio shack store.


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
Quote
Originally posted by Inky05:
Just drive behind any modern coupe with teenagers in it and you shouldn't need your own sub.
[snicker]

Crow,

A tube sub will probably be your best bet.


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Finding a tube sub that'll fit is probably the best way to go.

I suppose you could build a custom sealed enclosure to match the specs of the specific speaker you use, then power it with a seperate amp, but my guess is you aren't going to compete in sound pressure contests.. you probably just want a little bottom end to your music to help fatten out the sound.

Just remember these old trucks tend to rattle.. the more bass you add, the more you'll be chasing down rattling pieces of the truck.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 44
I've narrowed down some products that would work nicely in these trucks. Anyone interested in adding some bass to your system, check out these small subwoofer options.

Kenwood KSC-SW1 or KSC-WA62RC
Infinity BassLink
Clarion SRV303

These should be small enough to fit behind or under a bench seat. And not too big to be annoying the neighborhood.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0