The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB), 153 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#916778 02/02/2013 7:31 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
M
msg
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Hi from Georgia, I am ready to start learning how to work on my 66 to get it running and looking better. Thanks for having me.

Here is a series of pics from all over, under and inside.

http://s387.beta.photobucket.com/user/msgdesign/media/1966%20Chevy%20Pickup/pic-2.jpg.html

msg #916815 02/02/2013 9:27 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt,msg. Hey, that IS a nice looking truck. But, as we say around here, are they ever finished? Your at the right place. Lots and lots of knowledge and great folks here and all willing to share.

May as well plan some "southern gatherings" now. The first Southern gathering will be in Tenn, then down Ga. way at the Alanta Dragway Swap meet a time or two, then we plan one in Mt. Olive N.C. in the fall. There is also some bolters that meet in Ga. at Brians NY Syle Deli in Cummings. Been to both of them and great guys.
See the Southern Stovebolt Forum and you can get caught up smile
Glad to have you aboard.

EDIT: So much to learn but you'll make it.
Let us know how we can help...just be sure to try post in the most appropiate forum. (What part of Ga. are you in?)

Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/02/2013 9:31 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
msg #916832 02/02/2013 11:00 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome to the Bolt!
I like the color of that truck!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
M
msg
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
I'll be learning as I go in Newnan, GA.
Until I get some stuff in better working order I wouldnt be able to travel too far, but a gathering of old trucks sounds awesome, thanks for the welcome & invite!

Some things on my to do list are:

Learn how to do body repair on rusted fender corners, cab corners, rocker panels, floor panels, as well as a big ole dent a neighbor added to the passenger side of the bed. Never welded a thing in my life but I'd like to learn how.

Fix the transmission leak or replace the powerglide with a transmission with a higher gear ratio. I've had 2 transmission shops look over the leak and I am told its not something that seal replacements will fix and that the connections are not correct.

Figure out what motor I have, all I know is its not original

Figure out why in hot weather the starter has issues when recranking after a 10 mile drive or so. Ive tried heat shield wraps and replacing with a high torque. The headers heating up so close to the starter is all I can figure. Headers are pretty rusty and I think may need replacing.

Improve the ignition, takes many, many accelerator pumps to get it to turn over when cold. And even then it will run for a few seconds and conk out, especially if I try to throttle it. Usually 7 or 8 times like that to get it to idle.

Add AC

This should keep me busy for a while. :D

msg #921756 02/21/2013 5:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 292
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 292
sweet truck my brother has a 65 that he wished looked that good. welcome to the bolt awsome people here that are glad to help.

John

msg #921767 02/21/2013 6:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
Welcome Nice looking truck


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
msg #922272 02/23/2013 2:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, sweet looking truck!

Leo


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0